Friday, February 3, 2012

Ride's Feast

Ride's Feast
written by Rod Hatter
Jan. 4th, 2012
...
Simple pleasures I enjoy...keep my soul well fed.
Sights and sounds...tastes and flavors...filling up my head.
Joys I find...while going through...all my daily tasks.
Sip them...tasting those escapes...like they're from a flask.
They remind me...more to life...than just paying bills.
Give me fuel...and direction...reinforcing will.
So when chaos gets to me...Hunger's at my side...
I can dine on better things...go out for a ride.
Consume the wonders of the road...Nature's scenes and more...
Holding onto energy...as the belly roars...
Crank the heat up...wheels now spin...dreams become so crisp,
while the wind tries cooling down...with it's gentle wisps...
As the lanes beneath me heat...from the bike's great force...
Let them simmer...stretch it out____like the best main course.
Nature's put much on the plate...mountains, streams and desert...
Appetite is feeling nourished...ingredients well measured.
Now I'm stuffed...satisfied...savored this ride's stew...
Guess it's time to head on home...pop open a brew...
grab a seat...close my eyes...take a break and rest...
Ponder on what should get done?
Worries off my chest...

No comments:

Post a Comment