Friday, February 17, 2012

The "Old Boys"

The "Old Boys"
written by Rod Hatter
started May 21, 2006
finished Dec. 26, 2011
...
In my job I work with metal
In my job I work with wood.
In my job I work with concrete or fabric,
and I work whenever I should.
...
I am a hard working craftsman,
don't work in haste... or for greed.
An honest days wage, for the day's work...
That's all that I feel I need.
...
I learned my trade from "The Old Boys".
They taught me how to use tools.
They showed me how to pay attention,
and taught me not to act the fool.
...
"The Old Boys"...they were real craftsman,
and what they did...was done with pride.
Those were the days when quality mattered.
They never let errors slide.
...
Nowadays things seem different...
Nothing seems to function or last.
It's all about the almighty dollar,
We've forgotten lessons of past.
...
We buy stuff that's made...across seven seas
....way off in some foreign lands.
Or made by machines...computers or robots...
and not by someone's hands...
...
So don't forget "The Old Boys"
who cared about making things work.
When your new fangled thing has given up,
and you want to go quite beserk.
...
If we could just get together...
and get back to making goods...
Made in the U.S. by "The Old Boys"...
performing...as those things should.
...
Then we could all make a living,
...Working with quality...
satisfaction in just knowing,
things are as they should be...
...
Not wasting our resources,
that Nature does provide...
but making stuff...that truely lasts...
filling us all with pride.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment