Sunday, January 8, 2012

Rumors

RUMORS
written by Rod Hatter
10/4/09

Now and then, I hear a rumor
that most bikers have no humor,
but before you hold that thought
and get your buns tied in a knot,
remember noise that shook the rafters
coming from some bikers laughters.

Bikers rumored to be thugs.
Tattoos, beards, all deserve shrugs.
This is what some people think,
these rumors run us to the brink.
Kindness, manners, all good stuff,
most bikers really aren't that rough.

Rumor has it bikers won't,
shed a tear, cause cry they don't.
Now I can all but count the years,
that I've seen bikers shedding tears.
A loved one lost, or friend who died.
A child in need, for this they cried.

I heard a rumor that's not just,
that most bikers, you can't trust,
but it is those who spread this rumor,
I see now, as our life's tumor.
My biker friends I trust the most.
They give honor without boast.

So next time you meet a biker,
don't let these rumors be the striker.
before you know them, please don't judge.
Don't let life's stories hold a grudge.
You may just find you've found a friend,
who'll stand by you until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment