Monday, October 15, 2012

Ride's Sounds of Christmas

Ride's Sounds of Christmas
_______________________
written by Rod Hatter ©
Oct. 14, 2012
...
Remembering the Christmas...
my first bike was gifted,
and the rides I took on it,
as my spirits lifted.
Apes and a banana seat,
in the spokes a card,
flapping out good vibrations...
as I peddled hard.
...
Later as a teen,
Christmas time was near.
Something was out in the alley.
Thunder did I hear.
Ran and saw some bikers...
carrying wrapped toys.
Found out they were giving them
to needy girls and boys.
...
Wasn't long after that...
Had to build my ride.
Knew that life would be much better,
as I rode my glide.
Then my wife gave me a gift,
wishing me real well.
On my pegs she did hang,
my guardian angel bell.
...
Christmas time again...
These days, I too ride...
Love to be a part of toy runs.
Smiles just can't hide.
When those gifts are given,
Christmas sounds you'll hear.
One's that really share the season,
as the children cheer.
...
I know Christmas spirits,
they ride right along...
Encouraging us to do our best...
Charity is strong.
As I ride in this parade,
toys and gifts appear,
down below my guardian bell...
It's ringing very clear.
...



No comments:

Post a Comment