Friday, March 30, 2012

Cap'n Biker

Cap'n Biker  
written by Rod Hatter
Mar.30, 2012
...
While steering the helm in a gaze...
a shout from the crow's nest ..."Avast".
The pirates glare up in a craze...
Their sails have lost wind in the mast...
...
They drift ashore helpless like kittens...
...The ship with it's crew now afloat...
Their booty now nar of a pittance...
an' hope aloft...not on the boat...
...
"ARR! Where be me scoot?"...
The Cap'n yells out to his crew...
"A last...We ain't pilferred no loot...
So I've better thangs to do..."
...
"I'll sit me bum down in the saddle,
an' ponder 'bout where to go next?
The rest of yous might need to paddle...
'less ye be swabbin' these decks..."
...
"So listen up...all of ye scallywags...
Pray that I find us some bounty...
'Cause if I can't track down some snags...
I'll keep ridin' to the next county..."
...
"Your Cap'n may just commit mutiny,
'cause me be might tired of the life...
A landlubber I might just now be,
an' ride off an' fetch me a wife..."
...
"Then all of yous pilgrims can squabble...
'bout who'll be takin' me place...
While yous drink yer rum an' wobble,
an' carry on such a disgrace..."
...
"I'll miss me maiden...The Oceans...
But I won't miss any of yous...
This ridin' has given me notions...
So I'll hit the roads for a cruise..."
...
"By Golly...Me can't forget Parrot...
She has been a mighty fine bird.
She likes eatin' nuttin' but carrots,
while repeatin' all you's spoken words..."
...
"I'll let her perch onto me handles...
Her beak up aloft in the wind...
As we both wear smiles...Flyin' fer miles...
Knowing that both of us sinned..."
...

No comments:

Post a Comment